CatRIS project was invited to attend the EOSC concentration meeting organised by DG RTD and CNECT in Brussels on 9-10 September 2019, being identified as one of the EU funded project contributing to the building of EOSC.
The final report from the first general EOSC Concertation meeting has just been released! Have a look at: https://www.eoscsecretariat.eu/sites/default/files/final_report_eosc_concertation_workshop.pdf
- - The EOSC is starting to emerge, as is its identity, and there is a lot of interest in all the projects that participated in the meeting and in the communities they represent.
- - Stronger coordination and alignment among the EOSC-related projects are needed and should be encouraged.
- - The development of EOSC should be guided at all times by the requirements of the users. In order to achieve this, openness and transparency are key.
- - In its first steps, EOSC should prioritize access to data, interoperability and federation, while providing network and authorization solutions, certified services and the required software.
- - Coordination between the European Commission and the Member States is of paramount importance to enable the EOSC governance framework.
- - The journey to EOSC has just began and thus several questions remain open and still need to be covered in order to ensure its successful development.
- - Continuous efforts should be made to build an” EOSC brand” and, hence, communication and outreach activities should be increased in order to reach and positively engage all relevant community stakeholders and the wider public in these crucial times of development.
Don't miss the upcoming webinar "Working together for the European Open Science Cloud" next 16th of October 2019, at 15:00 CET, for discovering next steps, updates, priorities and new opportunities for the EOSC.