The Course will be help in York, the 14th and 15th of October.
This is an intensive course equipped to give you the basic knowledge to enable you to run a core facility effectively. There will be tips and tricks throughout from experienced experts in the area. It is geared towards all levels, from those experienced in running a core lab to those looking to move in to this field as a career. The course will cover everything needed to set up and develop a core lab, this will include:
- Managing staff (grades, performance reviews, example track records),
- Finance (Charging, Budgets and Forecasting),
- Booking (auditing and billing),
- Training and recording (T&C’s, records, small group, one-to-one etc),
- QA (monitoring/logging/frequency),
- Managing User Expectations,
- How to Win Funds and much more
Run over two days, many elements will be interactive and with plenty of discussion time. The course tutors represent light microscopy, electron microscopy, flow cytometry and general core facilities with an oversight that includes Proteomics, Metabolomics, Genomics, Bioinformatics, Molecular Interactions/Biophysics, Protein Production.
Scientific Organisers: Peter O'Toole (University of York) and Alex Sossick (University of Cambridge)
This will be a two day course for a maximum of 20 facility managers.